- Do the assigned reading for the week, before the week begins.
- Master the Objectives as you work your way through the reading.
Identify what you don’t understand.
- Come to class.
As we go through the material, if you still don’t understand something … ASK A QUESTION!
Do not copy the PowerPoints into your notes! PowerPoints will be on Blackboard after class so you can review them. Don’t waste time playing stenographer. Focus on: Do I understand the material? If you don’t: RAISE YOUR HAND!
Remember key points
Remember why these points are key
Recognize the thread that weaves these points together.
- If, after doing the reading, attending class, and reviewing the PowerPoints you still don’t get something, GET HELP!: Go to office hours and/or Supplemental Instruction.
- Practice the graphs (form a study group and make up graphical questions for one another)
- Make sure you’ve mastered the Objectives!